Friday, June 02, 2006

One Particular Friday

Since this blog is new, and since hopefully almost nobody is reading this, as I write this--my wife directed some people to this, but I've tried to discourage people from coming here to find anything pertinent, because I'm still trying to figure out what this blog should be about (serious business issues? humorous business issues? maybe a blog about the business of freelance writing?), and so right now, I just thought I'd talk a little about what I'm going to be doing today, which is something completely opposite of what most capitalist freelance business journalists would ever think of doing.

I'm going to write an article for free.

On a subject I know almost nothing about.

It should be interesting.

In a nutshell, the details are this, I met somebody last year at a conference in the far-flung land of India--my first visit there--and my first trip out of the country in about five years, unless you count a weekend in Canada. Anyway, an editor in Bangladesh asked me to contribute an article to his energy magazine, and I didn't feel like I could say no.

And I'm honored he asked.

But I know almost nothing about energy, just that it's a precious commodity, and that I never seem to have enough of it, especially when I'm trying to keep up with my two daughters.

He asked me to do this over a month ago, but I stalled, and, well, here I am. He wants it by Monday, and it's Friday. It's time to get started.

I'll fill in all of my fans of this blog (nobody right now, as far as I know) how this goes, either at the end of the day or over the weekend.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?