Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Tuesdays

I used to hate Tuesdays, back when I was disenchanted with a desk job that I had in my 20s, and during parts of high school. In both situations, I couldn't wait for the weekend, and so I hated Tuesdays. Mondays, at least, were a new start to the week and might bring something interesting. Wednesdays were hump days, Thursdays were the day before Fridays, and Fridays, everybody loves. But Tuesday? What to do with Tuesdays? I thought they were worthless.

But now I love my career, and I find that Tuesday's are one of the best days of the week. Often, I haven't hit my stride on Monday, and I'm getting used to coming back to work after a nice weekend. Wednesday-Friday, I'm actually dreading the weekend (a little) if I'm behind on work. So Tuesday feels safe, with still plenty of time in the week to get things done, and I'm no longer sluggish, like I am some Mondays. It's sort of the best time of the work week for me.

Maybe I'm a workaholic, yes, but I do love the weekends, so I think I'm a healthy workaholic. More to the point, and the point I'm trying to make is that it may be a good barometer to use, if you want to know how your life is going. Do you dread Tuesdays in general, or enjoy them? Is there any day you dread? If so, you might want to ask why. If not, then you're probably in good shape.

Comments:
I dread Mon-Fri.
 
Geoff, stumbled across your new blog today. Good for you for starting another one! I commend you. Personally, I've been having trouble getting started writing again after a recent vacation. You will be my inspiration to get busy!

I'm thinking of blogging about our neighbor. After a long, cold winter the woman next door seems to have exchanged men. The one that was there last fall has been replaced...and I'm imagining all kinds of skullduggery (spelling?). Could be interesting, eh? :-) Anyway, I'll happily keep up with all your stuff!
 
Hey, Cathy, thanks for another nice note--I appreciate your enthusiasm for my blogs!
 
By the way, I used to hate Tuesdays but now that I like my job, it's not nearly so bad!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?